Our forms are now fillable PDF, you must use Adobe Reader to complete the forms if you wish to use this feature. Please print and sign the forms, and return to the Registrar. After 15 years, AERA has parted ways with Aon, and our insurance brokerage service is now provided by Newmarket Grandwest. Personal Accident cover is still optional. Our insurance cover has the same underwriters as before.
Gold Card Discount Scheme
At the 2009 AGM a motion was discussed and subsequently passed via postal vote, to recognise the contribution of our volunteers by offering discounted membership.
NEW MEMBERS: Are automatically eligible for the lower Gold Card membership fee in their FIRST YEAR of membership - after this time you fall under Renewal.
RENEWALS: To be eligible for the Gold Card discounted membership fee you must have contributed (in the previous year) as follows:
- An active CS for at least one complete ride.
- A Ride Secretary
- An active TPR steward for at least one complete ride. (Part rides do not count.)
- The executive members (President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer) of an affiliated Ride Organising club, or a member of the QERA SMC
- A significant volunteer for at least the whole weekend of one ride (or the equivalent). Eligibility for this is to be determined by each Ride organising club, who sill submit a list of eligible members to the QERA SMC.
- 2017 Schedule of Membership Fees (Note: the optional personal accident insurance has risen from $55 to $70 for seniors and from $15 to $18 for juniors. This is due to lower numbers of members choosing the PA insurance and the 2016 claim rate.)
You must complete the Personal Accident cover part of the form, pages 5 and 6, if you would like to take out the optional PA cover. This must be completed for every member wishing to to be insured, including junior members. Policy summary is below.